Bamia (okra with meat) is a Middle Eastern recipe cooked with lamb, tomatoes, and okra as main ingredients.
Okra tagine with meat (Bamia)
- 1 frozen pack of small okra
- 1 pound of meat cut into medium-sized pieces
- 7 tomatoes
- 1 big onion cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- In a pan, put the oil & onion on medium heat.
- When the onion turns into brown in color, add in the meat & stir quickly.
- Put the tomatoes in the blender, together with half a cup of water.
- When the meat becomes golden brown in color, add in the tomatoes. Cover & put the heat onto low.
- Leave for about 45 minutes kr until the tomato sauce thickens. Add 3 cups of water and leave them to boil.
- Now uncover & add the okra. Cook for 30 minutes then put your delicious meal in a tagine.
- Cook in the oven for more 30 minutes, at 160 degreeC.