Preparing Yemeni chicken Madghout needs care, patience and a bunch of affordable ingredients.
Yemeni Chicken Madghout
- 1 Whole chicken chopped
- 3 cups of basmati rice
- 4 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1 lime
- 3 cardamom pods.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- Put the ghee, finely chopped onions, and garlic in a pressure cooker and continue stirring until the onions are wilted and golden
- Add the chicken pieces after washing them and sauté them with ghee, onions, and garlic
- Add in the spices; then add the peeled and sliced tomatoes
- Pour in the tomato sauce and the shredded carrots over the chicken
- Close the pressure cooker without any liquid until the chicken becomes tender
- Add in the rice after it has been soaked, washed, and very well-drained over the chicken after it is cooked,
- Stir very well; then add in the chicken broth, the chicken broth cube, and the ground spices over the rice
- Sauté with the ingredients, then close the pressure cooker until the rice becomes soft.
- Pour the rice into a serving dish and garnish it with the roasted nuts and the chopped parsley.