Yarpak Sarma or what is called Al-Yalanji Al-Shami is a grape leaf stuffed with rice and vegetables.
- 15 vine leaves
- 250 g beef minced
- 1 onion medium, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 100 g dill/dereotu chopped
- 1 handful parsley Some mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil r
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice,
- 1 cup wate
- Remove stalks and thick part of main vein from the leaves.
- Then clean and wash them carefully.
- Mix rice, all the spices and beef together in a bowl. Add some olive oil about 1 tablespoon in it and knead well.
- On a flat surface, lay the wine leaves with matte side facing you and place some filling in the middle. Avoid excessive filling.
- Fold the leaf from the side where the stalk was once present and roll first from left edge then right, make sure that the filling is safe inside.
- Then roll it completely and tightly. Do same for other leaves.
- In a deep-wide pan arrange them like; seam side down, layer by layer and packed tightly.
- Mix about a tablespoon of olive oil with water and pour it over the stuffed leaves. Cover the pan tightly with a lid.
- Reduce the flame when water starts to boil and let them cook for about 40 minutes until meat and rice are cooked properly.
- Serve hot with yogurt.