On the occasion of Aid El Adha, and as our grandmothers and mothers did, we prepare Whole Wheat Bread for Eid for this occasion to accompany the famous lunch dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds of extra fine wheat semolina
- 1 pound of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of anise seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of baker's yeast
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1 cup of softened butter
- Put the semolina, flour, salt, sesame and anise seeds in the bowl of a kneader, then mix together.
- Gradually add the yeast dissolved in the water, knead, cover the dough with a clean cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Add the softened butter and knead the dough a second time, divide it into 6 equal parts.
- Form balls of dough and let them rest.
- Flatten the balls of dough and arrange them on plates, spacing them out; cover them with a clean cloth and let them ferment.
- Bake the loaves for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 440 °F.
- Remove from the oven; then serve and enjoy your bread!