Turkish white beans is a popular Turkish dish that has been adopted into Arab cuisine. Indeed, Turkish White Beans with Chicken is usually served for lunch or dinner, because of the variety of nutrients that it consists of. Which, is why it is such a filling meal.
Fasulya - Turkish White Beans with Chicken
- 1 can Cannellini white beans or 1/2 pound of dry white beans
- 1 piece green bell pepper, (finely chopped)
- 1 piece medium sized onion, (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes,
- 250 g chicken breast, (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Have a can of white beans drained before rinsing the beans under cold water and set them aside or you can use dry beans; you can boil them in water for about 16 minutes
- Heat some olive oil in a heavy pan, and then add some onions and saute them until they are soft. (around 7-8 mins)
- Add the cubed chicken to the pan, and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and chopped green bell pepper and mix well with the chicken and onions.
- Cover the pan. Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and water. Mix them gently - (Make sure you don't crush the beans as you are doing this).
- Sprinkle black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Cover the pan, and let it cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add parsley to the pan, and mix everything well.
- Serve with plain rice.