If you have never tried the popular Turkish recipe of Turkish Poached Eggs (çilbir), it is high time to try it.
Turkish Poached eggs (çiblir)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 lb of Turkish yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1 Finely minced garlic clove
- 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter
- 15 ml of olive oil
- 1 Dash of chili flakes
- 30 ml of vinegar
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 Pinch of flaky sea salt for garnish
- sourdough bread for serving the dish
- Start by finely chopping the parsley.
- Add in yogurt to a large bowl; then peel and grate the garlic into the yogurt. Add the parsley and the salt to the yogurt, mix very well, and set everything aside
- In a pan, brown the butter over a medium heat; then turn off the heat; then add in the olive oil and the chili flakes and stir; then set aside
- Fill a wide pot of about 4-5cm/5” of height with water; then add in the vinegar and bring everything to a boil and as soon as you notice air bubbling, it starts to rise from the bottom of the pan and add in the eggs one at a time and cook for about 3 minutes
- Remove the egg from the water and drain on a kitchen paper
- Divide the yogurt evenly between about two deep dishes; then place the poached egg right into the center of the plate and pour in the chili butter over the top.
- Garnish with the parsley and the sea salt flakes; then serve with the sourdough bread.
- Serve and enjoy your Poached Turkish eggs!