We all love Halkoum, which is one of the types of sweets that Turkey is popular for. Turkish Halkoum is distinguished by its delicious and distinctive taste.
Turkish Halkoum Delight
- 500 g sugar
- 150 g of corn starch
- 100 g nuts
- ½ liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of rose water or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped pistachios
- Dissolve the sugar in the water
- Add the lemon to the water and place in a saucepan over a medium high heat, make sure to stir constantly
- When the water starts to thicken; dissolve the corn starch in a little cold water and pour it into the sugar and continue stirring for an hour.
- When the mixture starts to harden and does not stick to the spoon, add in the blossom water and the nuts while constantly stirring.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous
- Pour the Turkish Halkoum delight in a dish sprinkled with powdered sugar
- Spread the sugar over the surface of the halkoum
- Once cool enough, cut the halkooum into small squares
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Turkish Delight!