The dough for this authentic Turkish appetizing Ramadan recipe is extremly easy to make with only a few affordable ingredients. This recipe needs no more than one or two minutes of kneading. The obtained pastries are soft and pliable so it’s perfect for being stuffed with cheese and potatoes.
Turkish Baloon Pastry Pies
- 1 1/2 Cups of milk
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil
- 4 Cups of flour
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Cup of sesame
- 4 Cups of oil for frying
- In a bowl, put the warm milk, sugar, yeast and oil; then stir very well and cover for about 10 minutes
- Add in the salt and gradually add in the flour to your ingredients and mix very well
- Knead your dough very well and set it aside to rise for about 1 hour
- Remove the air from the dough and divide it into about 6 balls.
- Cover and leave for about 10 minutes; then dip each of the balls into milk
- Dip into the sesame, and roll it into a circular shape and divide into four parts
- Set aside for about 10 minutes; then fry the dough in hot oil for about 3 to 4 minutes or until it gets golden
- Remove from the oil the pastries and let drain on clean paper towels
- You can stuff the pastry pies with cheese; fried potatoes and harissa or hot ketchup; sprinkle with parsley
- Serve and enjoy your delicious turkish baloon pastry pies!