With the Maouled around the corner, there are different recipes that various countries prepare, whether of desserts or savory dishes. And this Tamina (Toasted Semolina with honey) recipe makes a perfect example of recipes we can make on Mouled.
Tamina (Toasted semolina with honey)
- 1 lb of medium semolina previously toasted in a pan
- 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water
- 1/2 lb of dried fruit optional
- 1 cup of blanched almonds
- 1 Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lb of honey
- 2 1/2 cups of butter
- Toast the semolina over a low heat in a large wok or a heavy non-stick frying pan while stirring with a wooden spoon, until
- give it a nice golden hue for about 20 min.
- Melt the butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat, add the orange blossom water
- Pour the semolina on the liquid in rain while stirring.
- Leave on low heat for a few minutes while stirring.
- Pour into small plates, decorate with cinnamon, almonds
- Serve and enjoy your dessert!