Drinks are frequently served during the holy month of Ramadan, especially due to the great need of the fasting person to replace the fluids he lost after a full day of fasting, especially if the month of Ramadan is in one of the hot summer months. One of the best drinks are tamarind syrup.
- 2 Cups of tamarind slices (tamarindi)
- 1 liter of water
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Boil the water in a pot over a medium high heat
- Put the tamarind in a heat-resistant pan
- Add in the lime juice, then pour the boiling water over the tamarind.
- Add the honey and the sugar, then cover the pan and set it aside for an overnight
- Strain and drain very well the dates in a glass bottle
- Place the bottle with the tamarind in the refrigirator and let cool
- Serve and enjoy cold!