Considered as one of the most popular Andalusian recipes, this recipe reached Tunisia and managed to be one of the most popular Tunisian Appetizers. Not only this dish is packed with proteins, and fibers, but it is also super delicious; you will be amazed with how easy to prepare this Andalusian dish.
Ain Spainouria, Tunisian-Style Scotch eggs
- 1 Pound of minced meat
- 1 Piece onion
- 1 1/2 Pounds of fresh spinach
- 1 Pound of puff pastry
- 3 raw Large eggs
- 5 Hard-boiled eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Fennel seeds
- Sauté the minced meat in a drizzle of olive oil with the finely chopped onion; then season with salt and pepper
- Clean the spinach leaves, and put them in a saucepan with about 1 tbsp of oil, just enough time to wilt the leaves.
- Mix the meat with the raw eggs, keeping a yolk aside for decoration later.
- Line the bottom and the sides of a baking tray tin with half the puff pastry.
- Place half of the meat mixture; then wrap each hard-boiled egg into spinach leaves and arrange them in a row in the middle of the mold
- Pour the second half of the meat mixture; then cover with the rest of the puff pastry and make diamonds with strips of dough.
- Beat the egg yolk. Brush the dough with a brush. Top with the fennel seeds.
- Preheat the oven to about 390° F; bake for about 45 minutes
- You can serve this dish with a salad.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!