Malsouka tagine is known for being an authentic Tunisian dish made from the brika sheet “malsouka” or filo pastry, eggs, grated cheese, meat or chicken. This recipe is very easy to make and it is super delicious, it will make you addicted to taste more.
- 1/2 Pound of tuna in oil
- 10 Sheets pastry sheets (filo pastry)
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs
- 1 Handful of olives
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 2 portions of cheese
- 1 Cup of grated cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the drained tuna and mix.
- Add the grated cheese. Lightly season with salt and pepper; then add the chopped parsley and mix everything together.
- Roll up half of the pastry sheets, and cut them with scissors into ½ cm strips.
- Grease a mold or baking tray, you can use 2 ramekins, brush the bottom with butter.
- Cover the ramekins with pastry sheets and brush with butter (brush each pastry sheet with butter), letting the sheets overflow like the pastilla.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Add the boiled eggs cut into small cubes, the capers and the cheese in portions cut into small cubes. Fold the pastry sheets.
- Arrange the rest of the brick which has been cut into strips over the entire surface.
- lace a few bits of butter on the surface.
- Bake in a preheated (350 F) oven 20 to 30 minutes or until the tagine is cooked through
- Serve hot and enjoy your malsouka Tajine!