Syrian shakriya is known for being a very popular Syrian yogurt soup that is made with lamb or with chicken.
- 1 Pound of beef meat cut into cubes
- 1 Piece medium onion cut into quarters
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 3 pieces of mastic
- 3 pieces of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 2 Pounds of Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 piece large egg
- 2 piece finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of chopped mint.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a saucepan; then set the temperature to medium
- Add in the meat and let into the water until the water starts boiling
- Remove any foam that forms up on the surface of the water
- Add in the chopped onion, the bay leaf, the mastic and the cardamom.
- Season the mixture with the salt and the black pepper; then let simmer for about 15 minutes
- Pour the yogurt into a deep bowl; then dissolve the cornstarch into a third cup of water
- Add the mixture to the yogurt; then add the eggs to the mixture and stir very well or until the ingredients are perfectly combined