Sweet semolina with Raisins or Mesfouf with raisins is a delicious appetizer or dessert that is both nourishing, refreshing and vitaminized. As for the perfumes, they are left to taste: orange and blossom water.
Sweet Semolina with raisins
- 3 red onions
- 1 Cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon s of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lb of medium size wheat semolina
- 1 tablespoon s of ras el hanout or 1 teaspoon (s) of four spices
- 1 teaspoon s of cinnamon
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 Pinch of ground pepper
- Peel the onions, dice them, put them with the grapes and 15 cl of water in a saucepan and boil 10 minutes
- When the water has evaporated, add a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, honey, and let simmer gently for 20 minutes
- During this time, put the semolina in a microwave-safe bowl with the spices, salt and pepper and pour 60 cl of boiling water over it, the semolina will absorb it quickly, but if it seems too much to you.
- Dry; then add a little more hot water and let soak for a few minutes
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and butter, stir with a fork to separate the seeds and toss with the onions and raisins.
- Heat in the microwave for about ten minutes, or place the bowl on a saucepan of boiling water.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!