An easy and delicious Turkish recipe, beautifully presented and perfect as a Ramadan dessert to be served at night, sunflower cheesecake is a very simple recipe that needs inexpensive ingredients. The naming of this recipe comes from its shape that resembles the shape of the sunflower plant.
Ingredients of the first layer:
- 1 1/2 Cups of ground biscuits
- 1 1/4 Cups of softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon of cream cheese
Ingredients of the second layer:
- 1 Cup of yogurt
- 2 Cups of milk powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
Ingredients of the third layer:
- 6 Pieces of oreo biscuits
- 1/2 Cup of cream caramel
- 3/4 Cup of water
- Start by distributing the cupcake papers inside the moulds
- Mix the ground biscuit, butter and the cream (until a dough is formed), spread it in paper and press it.
- Separate the oreo pieces and take its filling (cream); then add it to the milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla, beat with the whisk for about 5 minutes, then spread the mixture over the biscuit layer (cup fills 3/4).
- Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes when their color starts to change; remove from the oven (be careful not to brown).
- Distribute each of the oreos in the middle of each cup.
- Put the cream caramel with water on a medium high heat making sure to stirr every now and then until the mixture warms up and thickens, then remove it from the heat and leave a little bit aside to cool.
- Spread the cream with the caramel on the cutting surface and store in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- When serving, remove the cupcake papers; then serve and enjoy!