An easy and delicious Turkish recipe, beautifully presented and perfect as a Ramadan dessert to be served at night, sunflower flower cheesecake is a very simple recipe that needs inexpensive ingredients. The naming of this recipe comes from its shape that resembles the shape of sunflower plant.
Cheese cupcakes Douar ashams
Ingredients of the first layer:
- 1 1/2 Cups of ground biscuits
- 1 1/4 Cups of softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon of cream cheese
Ingredients of the second layer:
- 1 Cup of yogurt
- 2 Cups of milk powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
Ingredients of the third layer:
- 6 Pieces of oreo biscuits
- 1/2 Cup of cream caramel
- 3/4 Cup of water
- Start by distributing the cupcake papers inside the moulds
- Mix the ground biscuit, butter and the cream (until a dough is formed), spread it in paper and press it.
- Separate the oreo pieces and take its filling (cream); then add it to the milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla, beat with the whisk for about 5 minutes, then spread the mixture over the biscuit layer (cup fills 3/4).
- Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes when their color starts to change; remove from the oven (be careful not to brown).
- Distribute each of the oreos in the middle of each cup.
- Put the cream caramel with water on a medium high heat making sure to stirr every now and then until the mixture warms up and thickens, then remove it from the heat and leave a little bit aside to cool.
- Spread the cream with the caramel on the cutting surface and store in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- When serving, remove the cupcake papers; then serve and enjoy!