This recipe, which is an Authentic Emirati dish is simple and easy-to make, but it a unique flavor and an incomparable taste. The secret of this recipe lies in the mixture of the spices it uses, and what is better than lamb roasted in the oven and the flavours of spices start melting with meat giving your dish an incredible flavor.
Spicy Emirati-Style Roasted leg of lamb
- 1 Leg of lamb
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon of crushed coriander;
- 1/2 Tablespoon of ground turmeric;
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon .
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cumin
- 1/4 Tablespoon of coarse black pepper
- 1/4 Tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 Tablespoon ground chili pepper
- 1 /4 Teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven at about 400°F; then wash the piece of meat very well and dry it with a thick paper towel; and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Place the piece of meat in a tray covered with aluminum foil
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the piece of meat so that we leave a small breathing room in it, and roast in the oven for at least two hours.
- Rub the meat very well with the oil; Then we sprinkle the salt all over it; rub it very well with a mixture of spices.
- Turn off the heat and leave the meat in it for about 20 minutes.
- Take the oils and the rest of the spices on aluminum foil after the meat has been cooked, put everything it in a saucepan, and place a quantity of peas in a saucepan, the corn and other vegetables of your choice, in addition to a previously fried onion; then addd in 1 cup of rice
- Pour in the water, and let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your dish!