Turkish simmit bread is also called Turkish kaak, and you can make this recipe on the first day of Eid.
Simmit Turkish Bagels
- 50 grams of water
- 10 g of yeast
- 560 g of flour
- 12 g of salt
- 5 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of thyme
- 100 grams of sesame
- 5 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup of water
- Knead all the ingredients of the dough and set aside for an hour until it rises.
- Divide the dough into equal size pieces
- Roll the dough and roll out two pieces of it on each other and then set aside to rise again.
- In a bowl, mix the water with pomegranate molasses
- Dip the simmit in the mixture of the molasses
- Dip into the thyme and the sesame.
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your bagels