Turkish simmit bread is also called Turkish kaak, and you can make this recipe on the first day of Eid. This dish is one of the most popular bread recipes in the Turkish cuisine. And distinguished by its ease of preparation and simple ingredients, prepare in your kitchen light and crispbread covered with a sprinkle of sesame. So, if you are looking for an appetizing bread recipe, this one makes a perfect choice.
Simmit Turkish Bagels
- 50 grams of water
- 10 g of yeast
- 560 g of flour
- 12 g of salt
- 5 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of thyme
- 100 grams of sesame
- 5 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup of water
- Knead all the ingredients of the dough and set aside for an hour until it rises.
- Divide the dough into equal size pieces
- Roll the dough and roll out two pieces of it on each other and then set aside to rise again.
- In a bowl, mix the water with pomegranate molasses
- Dip the simmit in the mixture of the molasses
- Dip into the thyme and the sesame.
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your bagels