Sheikh El Mahshi or Zucchini with milk is a main dish served in Ramdan.
Sheikh El Mahshi
- 1 kg zucchini medium size
- 2.1 kg of yogurt
- 1/2 kilogram minced meat
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 5 Finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons fried pine nuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Carefully dig the zucchini with the help of a sharp knife; so that it is slightly thick, but be careful not to tear the zucchini bottom
- Sauté the onion, the garlic, and the meat in a small quantity of hot oil
- Add in the salt and the pepper to it until it is cooked
- Remove it from the heat and add the pine nuts to it, then stuff the zucchini
- Heat the oil and fry the zucchini for a few minutes; then remove aside
- Remove the zucchini from the oil and until it is very well-drained
- Whisk together the yogurt with the egg and the cornstarch to it after melting it with a little water with a pinch of salt and place in a saucepan over medium-high heat while constantly stirring until it boils.
- After the milk boils, add about two cups of stuffed zucchini broth and let simmer
- Add in the zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After the zucchini become tender; pour it and serve hot along with the rice
- Serve and enjoy your Sheikh Elmahshi