Sheikh El Mahshi or Zucchini with milk is a main dish served in Ramdan. The dish of the Sheikh Mahshi is a delicious dish that does not require much effort, and it is a dish from the Syrian cuisine. In addition to the nutritional value of this recipe, it is super delicious. You will love this recipe not only for the ease of preparing it, but also for its highly nutrious value.
Sheikh El Mahshi
- 1 kg zucchini medium size
- 2.1 kg of yogurt
- 1/2 kilogram minced meat
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 5 Finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons fried pine nuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Carefully dig the zucchini with the help of a sharp knife; so that it is slightly thick, but be careful not to tear the zucchini bottom
- Sauté the onion, the garlic, and the meat in a small quantity of hot oil
- Add in the salt and the pepper to it until it is cooked
- Remove it from the heat and add the pine nuts to it, then stuff the zucchini
- Heat the oil and fry the zucchini for a few minutes; then remove aside
- Remove the zucchini from the oil and until it is very well-drained
- Whisk together the yogurt with the egg and the cornstarch to it after melting it with a little water with a pinch of salt and place in a saucepan over medium-high heat while constantly stirring until it boils.
- After the milk boils, add about two cups of stuffed zucchini broth and let simmer
- Add in the zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After the zucchini become tender; pour it and serve hot along with the rice
- Serve and enjoy your Sheikh Elmahshi