Sheikh Elmahshi or Zucchini with milk is the main dish served in Ramadan. Zucchini is one of the ancient types of plants known for 7000 years, and zucchini belongs to the same plant family as pumpkin, cucumber, and pumpkin, and its roots go back to central South America and only Mexico, where Christopher Columbus brought zucchini seeds to America and then to Europe and then moved to the Middle East and Africa, The population of the United States began to use zucchini widely in the early twenties, as it was offered especially to immigrants from Italy in California, and China is one of the countries that produce the most squash, followed by Japan, Egypt, Italy and then Argentina. And here is a dish that celebrates the use of Zucchini in a healthy way.
Sheikh El Mahshi
- 1 kg zucchini medium size
- 2.1 kg of yogurt
- 1/2 kilogram minced meat
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 5 Finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons fried pine nuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Carefully dig the zucchini with the help of a sharp knife; so that it is slightly thick, but be careful not to tear the zucchini bottom
- Sauté the onion, the garlic, and the meat in a small quantity of hot oil
- Add in the salt and the pepper to it until it is cooked
- Remove it from the heat and add the pine nuts to it, then stuff the zucchini
- Heat the oil and fry the zucchini for a few minutes; then remove aside
- Remove the zucchini from the oil and until it is very well-drained
- Whisk together the yogurt with the egg and the cornstarch to it after melting it with a little water with a pinch of salt and place in a saucepan over medium-high heat while constantly stirring until it boils.
- After the milk boils, add about two cups of stuffed zucchini broth and let simmer
- Add in the zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After the zucchini become tender; pour it and serve hot along with the rice
- Serve and enjoy your Sheikh Elmahshi