Have you ever tasted a Middle-Eastern cheese recipe? Shaknlish is a type of cheese or aged milk.
- 2 kilos of yogurt curd
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of crushed sweet green pepper
- Hot pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Boil the milk on medium heat with salt; stir once
- Strain the milk very well; then put it on clean white covers intended for cover; the cover should have holes that allows getting rid of the excess water
- Wrap them in clean paper towels, and put something heavy over them for the whole night
- Put the cheese in a bowl with hot pepper, crushed paprika, and salt for the shanklish cheese and rub them by hand to combine them and form into balls
- Put the Shanklish balls on a medium-sized flat tray; then put them in the sun
- Cover the tray with a clean cloth; and turn them over from time to time
- Leave them for about two consecutive days.
- Place the Shanklish balls in a cloth bag and seal it tightly
- Put the shanklish balls in a pressure jar; then tightly close and put it in a dark place for about two weeks or more, depending on the climate of the area
- Dip the cheese balls into olive oil, then in the wild thyme
- Put the shanklish in the sun again until it dries completely, then in a container; then place in a refigirator
- Serve and enjoy your shanklish!