Zrir is a very popular Tunisian dessert sesame butter that is high in calories and is known for being made for the sake of women who give birth.
Sesame Butter, Zrir
- 1 Pound of sesame
- 1/2 Pound of butter
- 1/2 Pound of dry walnuts and almonds
- 1 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 Cup of hazelnuts
- Start by toasting the sesame seeds into a large frying pan until they turn golden.
- Grind the toasted sesame into a blender until it becomes tender
- Toast the dry fruits separately for about 5 to 10 minutes
- In a large saucepan, melt all together the honey and the butter over a low heat
- Remove the butter foam; then prepare the sesame and the dry fruits
- Leave the saucepan on a low heat and mix all your ingredients together slowly with the help of a wooden spoon until you get a smooth mixture
- Turn off the heat as soon as the mixture starts boiling
- Set the mixture aside for about 5 to 10 minutes to cool
- Pour the Zrir into small cups; then top and decorate with pine nuts and hazelnuts
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Zrir!