Luqaimat is another traditional sweet dessert that is widely served during the month of Ramadan in the Middle East. Some people call them crunchy sweet dumplings; because they’re sweet and due to frying they are also crunchy. They are usually dipped into sugary water or honey. Luqaimat is the Arabic term for this recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 can cream
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 cups of water or as needed saffron
- Sift the flour then add instant yeast, milk powder,
- buttermilk, water, saffron and mix them all
- together for 5 minutes. Cover dough for an hour
- until it ferments well.
- Prepare deep frying oil to boil and by your
- fingertips take a little dough and place it in the
- oil, after its fried remove it and place it on paper
- tissue to dry.
- Then place it in a dish, add the syrup, sesame or
- cinnamon or coconut as needed.