It is great that Middle Eastern daily dish always includes a salad on the side. Unlike the west, salad is rarely a full meal in the Arab world. Nevertheless, the Cucumber and Yogurt Salad is certainly fulfilling. My family love it when it is served with rice dishes, especially Maqluba. You will really enjoy this dish, and would love if you add dried mints to it.
Cucumber & Yoghurt Salad
- 1 kg yoghurt
- 3 medium size cucumbers cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint salt
- Grease a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add in chicken bouillon cubes, lemon juice and water. Cover with sliced onions.
- Place chicken drumsticks on top over top of onions. Top with mini potatoes, garlic cloves, fresh thyme and salt and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Check chicken’s temperature with a meat thermometer prior to serving to ensure its fully cooked.
- Serve hot