The akkawi tagine is one of the best Egyptian dishes that you can make in Ramadan. You can prepare this recipe in less than 60 minutes. And making this recipe doesn’t need more than a few affordable ingredients.
- 2 Pounds of akawi veal
- Two cloves of garlic
- Five medium onions
- Two green bell peppers
- Two cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 cardamom pods.
- ut the onions and peppers into thin slices.
- Place the veal in a casserole dish and pour the spices over it
- Add the onions and the chopped peppers, and stir for at least ten minutes
- Pour the water over the meat until it is completely covered
- Put the tagine over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, taking into account that the heat is medium under the meat Remove the meat from the heat; then cover with a lid and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Remove the lid and bake again for about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with parsley; then serve and enjoy your Akkawi tagin