Stuffed Dates are considered an easy-to-prepare and quick and delicious appetizer.
Ramadan Stuffed Dates
- 250 g of dates
- 250 g peeled almonds boiled in water, and finely chopped
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Green coloring
- For the syrup
- 500 g granulated sugar
- ½ liter of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix the soft almonds with the sugar and the green color
- Knead two-thirds of the mixture with the blossom water.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing water and sugar over a medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes
- Add in the lemon juice and remove it from the heat.
- We split the dates, remove the pits, put a little of almond paste, and dip the stuffed dates in the syrup.
- Wrap the mixture in the almonds, sugar, and coloring; then put them on the plate until it holds together.
- Serve and enjoy your stuffed dates!