Ramadan Om Ali (Um Ali) with Croissant is considered as one of Egypt’s most popular desserts.
Ramadan Om Ali (Um Ali) With Croissant
- 6 pieces of croissants flavored with butter / ready
- 1/2 Cups of crushed almonds
- 1/2 Cups of crushed walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of grated coconut
- 1/4 Cup of raisins
- 1 Tablespoon of melted butter
- 3 cups of liquid milk
- 1/2 Cups of sugar
- 1/2 Cups of whipped cream
- 1/4 Cup of pistachios for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 180°C/360°F
- Cut the croissant into small pieces and put them in a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl the almonds, walnuts, raisins, coconut, and butter
- Mix very well with your hands until the ingredients are mixed.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and put it on a medium heat until it boils.
- Add the sugar over the saucepan and stir until it melts, then turn off the heat.
- Pour a little of the milk mixture into an oven-proof glass tray.
- Spread half the amount of the croissant mixture on the tray.
- Pour half the milk over the croissant mixture.
- Add the rest of the croissant, then pour the remaining milk on the top of the tray.
- Add in the whipped cream all over the tray
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes
- Place under the oven broiler for about 5 additional minutes, until the face of the dish becomes golden.
- Remove from the oven and garnish Om Ali with nuts to your liking and serve hot
- Serve and enjoy your Ramadan Dessert!