Kushaf is a popular drink that we make, especially during Ramadan.
- 1/4 Cup of dried figs.
- 1/4 cup of dried plums.
- 3 cups of liquid milk.
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 Cup of dried nuts pistachios - cashews - almonds - raisins - pistachios - coconuts - as desired
- 1 cup of dried dates
- ut the dried dates, dried apricots, dried prunes, and dried figs into small pieces.
- Soak the dried dates with water in a suitable container for a minimum of 6 hours, while we soak the rest of the sliced and dried fruits for about 4 hours (in case time is short, we can prepare the dried dates by soaking them in water and put it on medium heat for 5 minutes
- We can also use the same method with other dried fruits but put them on the fire for only 3 minutes, and then leave them to cool completely
- Drain the date water and pour it into a new saucepan, and we distribute the water that we have obtained between the cups so that we fill each cup up to a third of it.
- Drain the water of the other dried fruits; then put the soaking water in a new saucepan, add the white sugar to it and stir the mixture well; then fill the previous cups up to the amount of two-thirds in each cup.
- Pour the amount of milk on the cups evenly, and put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Take out the cups from the refrigerator and decorate them with one of the types of nuts (as desired)
- Serve and enjoy the Ramadan Khushaf Dessert!