- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine semolina flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsps mixed nuts, crushed finely
- 1/4 tbsp green cardamom seeds
--For Filling :
- Regular white cheese unsalted
- Walnuts mixed with a little sugar, Cinnamon powder
--For Syrup :
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice,
- 2 tbsps rosewater (optional),
- 2 tbsps orange blossom water (optional).
--Syrup preparation :
- Place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes over medium high heat until the syrup thickens to some extent.
- Now place each pancake on a baking tray and place 1-2 tablespoon of cheese and walnuts in the center.
- Fold the pancake in half and seal the edges with the help of your thumb and index finger.
- Bake in an oven at 200 C (400 F) for 5-7 minutes or fry it in oil (medium high heat for 5 minutes) or remain it as it is, in all forms it is delicious.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on each qatayef.
- Serve qatayef with syrup.