Pumpkin kibbeh is one of the well-known types of kibbeh in Lebanese cuisine. It is healthy and delicious. It does not contain any kind of meat.
- 2 lbs of boiled pumpkin
- 2 lbs of spinach
- 1 lbs of soaked white bulgur
- 1/2 lb of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 lb of boiled and drained chickpeas
- 1 cup of white all-purpose flour you can use whole wheat flour as well
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 1 small spoonful of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of sumac
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Start by draining the soaked white bulgur and dry it too; then set it aside
- Mix the pumpkin, bulgur, flour, salt and spices to get a pumpkin paste in a large bowl
- Finely chop the spinach and fry the chopped onions in half the amount of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the spinach and stir them together.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, salt, pepper and sumac, stir well and leave in a colander to remove all the water.
- Grease a tray with a little oil and spread the pumpkin paste in the tray.
- Put the chickpea and spinach filling in half, spread a second layer of the dough and apply the remaining amount of oil on the surface
- Put the tray in the oven at a temperature of 320°F/ 160 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing
- Slice the Kibbee; then serve with cucumber, tomato and a squeeze of lemon.
- Enjoy your dish!