Soup dish is one of the most important dishes during the month of Ramadan, which can be served as side dishes on most tables, and eating the soup dish before eating is important for the health of the body, especially the digestive system. Because they contain a lot of nutrients, and essential fluids for the body, there are many types of soups; they differ in the ingredients, and the method of preparation, and in this recipe you will learn how to make potato soup with parsley in an easy and fast way for Ramadan.
Potato soup with parsley
- 2 Pieces of potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Grain of onions, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of finely minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 Cup of finely chopped parrsley
- 3 Cups of chicken broth or of water
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1/2 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the butter in a suitable saucepan over a medium high heat
- Add in the chopped onion, crushed garlic, and ginger to the saucepan, and stir the ingredients until the onions are soft
- Add the chopped potatoes, stirring a little, then add the coriander, the salt and the black pepper, and mix your ingredients very well. Add in the parsley, the milk, the broth or the water, and stir the ingredients together.
- Cover the bowl and let simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Pour the soup into a serving dish, and you can also put it in the mixer, mixing it very well until its consistency is creamy, then return it to the stove to boil a little bit for a couple of minutes
- Add a quarter cup of water to reduce the thickness of the soup
- Top the soup with shredded cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with parsley
- Laddle the soup in serving soup bowls, then serve and enjoy!