Potato bread is a bread recipe that is made mainly of potatoes, as a substitute for flour sometimes, or to give the bread an extra taste or a more crisp and soft texture.
- 6 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of mashed potatoes
- 2 cups of rib milk
- 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Mix the potatoes with eggs, the yoghurt, the sugar, the yeast, the oil and the butter.
- Add the flour, then stir
- Add the rest of the ingredients and gradually stir until you have a homogeneous dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, then cover with clear plastic
- Place in a bowl and leave to ferment until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough in half, and each half into 8 small balls.
- Prepare a tray with parchment paper, shape the dough into balls
- Cover for 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven ten minutes before baking, then sprinkle flour on top for topping.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes.
- Potato bread without flour