This Pistachio and Almond Brittle recipe is also known as sohan, and it is basically an Iranian candy that has a fragrant flavor. You will love the sweet and bitter taste of this recipe.
Pistachio and almond Brittle
- 1/8 teaspoon of finely ground saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground dried rose petals
- 1/2 teaspoon of flaky sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a parchment paper; then lightly coat with the nonstick spray.
- Dissolve the saffron in rose water in a medium bowl.
- Bring the sugar, the corn syrup, the honey, and about 2 Tbsp of water to a boil into a medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer over a medium heat making sure to stir and to dissolve the sugar
- Cook while swirling from time to time for about 5 minutes
- Mix in the almonds, the butter, and the kosher salt and cook while stirring often, until the almonds are golden or until the butter is totally absorbed for around 2 minutes.
- Mix in the baking soda, then the rose water mixture; the caramel will bubble; then it will become smooth and creamy
- Pour on top of a baking sheet and spread as thin as possible
- Sprinkle with pistachios; rose petals and with sea salt; then let cool and break into pieces
- Serve and enjoy your brittle