Persian Saffron Rice (Tachin) is prepared in a quick way and is suitable for those who are busy and who want to prepare this delicious and delicious dish, here is how to make saffron rice with pictures:
Persian Saffron Rice (Tachin)
- 2 cups of cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of rose water
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 egg yolks
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the cranberries and cook for one minute.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, then add the rose water.
- Soak saffron in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the milk, eggs, oil, saffron water and salt. Add rice and stir well.
- Pour half of the rice into a greased glass oven tray, then spread 1/3 of the cranberry mixture.
- Add the remaining rice and then 1/3 of the cranberry mixture.
- Cover with aluminium foil and place in the preheated oven for an hour and a quarter, until the rice is golden brown.
- Invert the rice into a serving dish and serve hot with the rest of the cranberries.