Are you looking for something special to make on the table of Iftar today?
Persian Ramadan Rice with chicken
- To season the chicken:
- 1 Whole chicken cut and cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to taste
- Hot pepper: to taste
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil
- 4 cups of washed and soaked basmati rice
- 4 onions cut as wedges
- 7 cups of hot water:
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground saffron
- a chicken broth; cube
- 1 Cup of dried blackberries
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl, add the chicken, mix well and let marinate for an overnight.
- Spread the onion slices in a tray, then place the chicken with the marinade over the onions
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for an hour on medium heat; then brown the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan
- Add in the rice and roast it with the oil, then add the hot water and the broth cube
- Let simmer on low heat; covered until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed for about 15 minutes
- Soak saffron in hot water.
- Boil the dried berries in water for 15 minutes, then add sugar and stir until caramelized.
- Add the saffron to the rice and cover the saucepan.
- Pour the rice into a serving dish; add the fried chicken on top
- Add the berries on top.
- Serve hot with fried chicken.