Pasta Stew (Mbakbak) makes a wonderful winter dish because it contains starches, proteins, and other important nutrients. Here’s how to make meatloaf mabakbak at home.
Pasta Stew (Mbakbak)
- 1 lb of penne pasta or snails.
- 1 lb of lamb or beef meat cut into very small cubes (or shredded chicken breasts, or minced meat)
- 2 medium size potatoes peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic mashed
- 1 Teaspoon of hot red pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
- 1 ½ cup fresh and filtered tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of mixed spices
- 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of black pepper.
- On medium heat, heat the oil and butter together, then add the meat, salt and black pepper, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, and stir with the meat until it wilts, then add the garlic and stir
- Add the tomato juice, ginger, curry, spices and sauce, and stir very well.
- Add the water, leave it until the meat is cooked, then add the potatoes, pasta, salt and black pepper, and stir well.
- Cover the pot, and leave it on a low heat until the pasta and potatoes are tender.
- Put the pasta stew or Mbakbka in a serving dish, and garnish with parsley leaves
- Serve and enjoy your dish!