What is better than a delicious appetizing falafel sandwich recipe that you can eat with any main dish or with any dip?
- 2 kilos of soaked chickpeas
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 500 grams of chopped onion
- 2 handfuls of chopped parsley
- Half green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of falafel spice
- Table salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sodium carbonate
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ut the chickpeas in an electric mixer, mix well, and then place them in a bowl.
- To chopped chickpeas, add mint, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, falafel seasoning, chili pepper, cumin, and baking powder.
- Mix the mixture together well until you get a smooth and cohesive mixture.
- Put the falafel mixture in a nylon bag, then put it in the refrigerator, and leave it for an hour.
- Take the falafel dough out of the refrigerator, and put it in a bowl, then add sodium carbonate to it, and mix well.
- Form the Falafel dough into balls
- Heat the oil in a large deep fryer then place into hot oil
- Fry the falafel in batches
- Remove from the oil and drain on clean paper towels
- Serve and enjoy with tomato slices and bread