Palestinian Rice Pot (Qudra) is one of the popular Palestinian dishes, especially in It is considered one of the favourite meals, especially on special occasions, especially Ramadan. Al-Qudra is considered a Palestinian heritage and is one of the dishes inherited from parents and grandparents since ancient times.
Palestinian Rice Pot (Kodra)
- 1 whole chicken 3 lbs
- 4 cups of Egyptian rice
- 8 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons of nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 small spoonfuls of salt
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- Wash the rice and soak it in hot water with half a grated nutmeg.
- Leave the bowl aside for about 20 minutes.
- Put the chicken in a pot and cover it with water, then add a grain of nutmeg, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom.
- Leave the mixture on the fire until the chicken is cooked.
- Put the chicken pieces in a tray and grease its face with two tablespoons of ghee
- Put the tray into the oven until the pieces are slightly browned.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of ghee in a pot, then drain the rice from the water and add it to the ghee.
- My heart a little and then season with salt, black pepper, mixed spices and turmeric.
- Pour 5 cups of chicken broth over the rice, stir, then arrange the chicken pieces on top.
- Cover the pot with tin foil and put it in the oven
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Remove the tin foil and add two tablespoons of melted ghee on top and leave until the chicken pieces are browned
- Serve and enjoy your dish!