Oven-baked potato Kebbeh is generally a light and delicious meal. Potato and bulgur kibbeh are very easy and quick to prepare dishes, as their ingredients are simple and consist of potatoes, bulgur, and fresh herbs with spices.
Oven-baked potato Kebbeh
- 4 tablespoons of ground flaky crust or bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
For the potato dough:
- 6 Pieces medium sized potatoes
- 3 Teaspoons of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Piece large egg
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 Pieces medium-sized onions
- 1 Pound of minced lamb
- 2 Tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon seven spices
- Grease the baking tray with two tablespoons of melted butter; then sprinkle the tray with two tablespoons of crushed crust or bread crumbs and it aside then set aside
- Boil the potatoes into the water until they are well cooked, then drain and set aside to cool, peel and mash
- Combine the mashed potatoes with the salt, the pepper and the eggs; then set everything aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil into a saucepan and sauté the onions for about 2 minutes; then add the ground meat and fry for about 5 minutes
- Add in the ground Lamb, the Pine Nuts and the spices and stir for a few seconds or until all ingredients are very well mixed together and set aside.
- Spread half the amount of the mashed potatoes over the prepared baking tray
- Spread the filling homogeneously over the potatoes, followed by the remaining amount of mashed potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed crust on top and pour the remaining amount of melted butter over it.
- Cook in a preheated oven at a temperature of about 220 ° C/450°F for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the surface becomes golden
- Remove from the oven; then serve and enjoy your sumptous baked potato kebbeh