This easy and simple Orzo Spinach Soup recipe makes one of the most popular and authentic Middle Eastern Ramadan soup recipes that people love and that you can find on any Arabic table every Iftar.
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Small finely diced, onion
- 1 Cup of chopped celery
- 1 Cup of finely chopped carrots
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 Pound roasted tomatoes; chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups of orzo soup grains
- 2 Cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon of rosemary
- 4 Cups of spinach leaves; finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Sauté the onions for a few minutes until they are well wilted.
- Add the celery, garlic and carrots and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; except for the orzo soup grains and the spinach
- Let the ingredients mix very together on a high heat and when it starts boiling; reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Stir from time to time; then add in the spinach and stir; then let simmer for 5 additional minutes
- Add in the orzo and let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and adjust teh seasoning of salt and pepper
- Laddle the soup into serving bowls
- Serve and enjoy your soup with a squeeze of lemon