Olive and onion bread are a delicious Arabic recipe that can be prepared at home and that accompanies any meal in the holy month of Ramadan. You will be able to come up with a sumptous bread recipe using a few simple ingredients.
Onion and olive bread
- 3 Cups of all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of soft instant yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of dried basil
- 1/2 Cup of sliced black olives
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of mixed spices
- 1/2 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 Medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil
- 1 Pinch of white pepper
- In a small frying pan, put the oil on a medium heat and let heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the onions and using a wooden spoon, stir until your ihnredients get a light brown color; then set aside to cool completely.
- In the mixer bowl, put about 1/2 3 of the flour, yeast, baking powder, salt, basil, olives, pepper, oregano, sugar, spice, garlic and onions.
- Run the mixer on slow speed to mix the materials, add water, knead on medium speed to form a soft dough; then add the remaining quantity of the flour if the dough is too soft.
- Place the dough in a large bowl greased with oil and cover with a piece of nylon; then leave it in a warm place to double its size.
- Prepare a baking tray with a short edge, and brush it with oil; then carefully put the dough in the tray with your fingertips, spread the dough a little
- Cover the dough with a piece of nylon cover to double its size again.
- Install a grate rack in the center of the oven, preheat to a temperature of 360°F/180 ° C.
- In a smallshallow bowl; put the eggs and milk and using a fork, stir very well.
- Using a small brush, brush the dough with the eggwash mixture, and bake the bread for about 30 minutes
- Remove the bread from the oven and let rest for about 5 to 8 minutes
- Slice, then serve and enjoy your sumptuous bread; happy Iftar!