Do you know that Musakhan is one of the most popular dishes in the Palestinian kitchen that uses naan bread or Palestinian Taboon bread?
- 4 lbs of finely chopped onions
- 1 Whole chicken chopped and boiled
- 3 cups of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of Sumac
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 3 loaves of naan bread (You can also use Taboon bread or Pita bread)
- Almonds: to taste and toasted pine nuts / for garnish
- Boil the chicken in the traditional way with (bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, onion, salt).
- Put the oil in a saucepan on the fire, then add the onion and leave it on a low heat for 20 minutes until it softens, then add the salt and the black pepper.
- Add in the chicken to the onions and leave for 5 minutes.
- Take the chicken and put it on a baking tray, add salt, black pepper and spices, and roast it in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Prepare the bread; then dip it in onion oil, and stack it in a serving dish
- Add the onions to the loaf dipped in oil, then add the sumac, then nuts, and repeat the process until the layers of bread are finished.
- Add the chicken on top of the last layer of bread and top with the nuts.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!