A delicious old-fashioned brioche in a new twist for your Ramadan Iftar or sahour, very easy to prepare at home. and super delicious recipe.
Morrocan Ramadan Brioche
- Rolling Pin
- 600 gr of extra fine semolina semolina
- 65 gr of cornstarch cornstarch
- 15 gr of salt or 2 teaspoons
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 20 gr of fresh baker's yeast
- 50 ml of sunflower oil
- 180 ml of slightly warm water
- 250 ml of milk
- 1 egg yolk +1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 /2 cup of sesame seeds
- To start the preparation of the brioche recipe, in the bowl of the food processor or a large bowl, put the extra fine semolina, cornstarch, sugar and salt and mix quickly then add the crumbled yeast and finish with the oil .
- Add the slightly warmed milk gradually while mixing quickly.
- Pour in half of the water slowly, in a small amount.
- Knead for a few minutes and add a little water, then knead again and gently pour in the rest of the water (or knead by hand) for about 10 to 15 minutes until the dough comes off the sides of the bowl.
- Cover the brioche dough with a clean tea towel and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour in a warm place
- Once well rested, degas the dough, that is to say, press it in order to release the air bubbles contained in the dough.
- Divide the brioche dough of the same weight into two pieces.
- Place each dough portion on a buttered mold or a baking paper and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out each dough piece with your hand or a rolling pin and place it in a baking dish.
- Let rise for about 45 minutes in a warm place
- Finally brish the top with the egg yolk and the milk then top with the sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 200 ° C in a preheated oven. Test with a knife.
- Let cool a little and cut the brioche.
- Serve and enjoy your brioche !