The method of making Moroccan Ramadan Pie or chicken pastilla is the main reason for its popularity around the world, as this distinctive dish preserved its components and the old method of preparation that has not been affected or changed over time. This is a great dish for the month of Ramadan.
- 1 package of Filo sheets
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 onions
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of liquid cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 liter of chicken broth
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Take the chicken and put it in a dish, then crumble it.
- Now, prepare the egg stuffing by adding the chicken broth to the casserole dish, which you will reduce by putting on high heat.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the eggs and crème fraîche to the pan and mix very well.
- In a skillet, toast the almonds to bring out all the flavors, then add the sugar and let caramelize
- Grease with butter a pie dish and roll out a sheet of filo. Butter it completely then place a new sheet of filo on it, brush again with butter and repeat the operation a third time.
- Place the egg-based filling in the pie dish, add the chicken and finish with the almonds. Cover everything with a sheet of buttered filo. Close the Moroccan pie with the other leaves.
- Bake the Moroccan pie in the oven at 180°C/360°F for 45 minutes.
- At the end of cooking process, brush with honey.
- It's ready !
- Add salt, pepper, cinnamon and saffron and mix well. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the casserole with the onions and brown them on all sides.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the onions to brown them, until they are colored.
- Serve and enjoy your pie!