Bakbouka, sometimes spelt bekbouka, is a Maghreb dish made from offal.
- 1 lamb tripe
- 1 lb of Lamb's ribs liver, heart, lungs
- 2 pieces of chopped onion
- 2 grated tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch chopped parsley
- 1/2 bunch chopped coriander
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 Pound of soaked chickpeas
- 6 cloves garlic mashed
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 liter of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- Clean the tripe and liver very well
- Cut the tripe into small squares of equal size
- Boil the olives in water and salt for two minutes, then cut them in half and cut them into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, paprika, mashed garlic, a little salt, chopped onion, a little oil, chopped parsley and chopped coriander.
- Put half the amount of the lamb liver in another bowl and add the rice, half the amount of soaked chickpeas and the spice mixture, then mix the ingredients until we get a filling
- Put a little quantity of filling on the surface of the square piece of tripe; then bend it and sew the edge so that the filling does not leak out during cooking.
- Pour the amount of oil into a saucepan and add the remaining amount of soaked chickpeas and stuffing
- Add the grated tomatoes and the amount of water, then place the pot on the heat and let simmer until it reaches the boiling point
- Add the stuffed tripe squares and leave the pot on a low heat until the chickpeas become soft, and we get a sauce
- Serve and enjoy your Bakbouka!