Molokhia dish is rich in magnesium, fiber, and vitamins, you will be astonished by how delicious this recipe is.
- 100 ml olive oil about a glass
- 2 pounds of boneless beef such as bourguignon, ribs, stew, etc.
- 1 onion
- 6 to 7 cloves of garlic
- 2 or 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of harissa
- 2 cups of molokhia powder
- 1 large rounded tablespoon of oriental spices such as ras el hanout or allspices OTHERWISE you can add 1 tablespoon of coriander with 1 tablespoon of caraway
- Pour the water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cut the beef into large pieces. Chop the garlic and onions.
- Pour the olive oil into a casserole dish. Put the onions to color then sear the beef. Once seared, remove the casserole from the heat then reserve the meat and onions, leaving the olive oil well.
- Sprinkle the molokhia powder while stirring vigorously until a paste forms.
- When the molokhia paste forms, put the casserole on very light heat, then pour the boiling water little by a little while mixing vigorously so as not to make lumps. Pour the water until it reaches 3/4 of the casserole dish. Check that the heat is very light and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Then add all the ingredients: the previously seared meat, onions, garlic, bay leaf, harissa, and spices. You can then season with your sauce.
- Let simmer the dish between 2 and 3 hours to release the flavors. Be careful, the meat must not decompose, otherwise, it does, remove it for a while before putting it back in the molokhia
- Cooking is perfect when the olive oil rises to the surface, it's ready!