Cabbage is known for being one of the most popular winter vegetables.
Pressure cooked Malfouf
- 3 Pounds of cabbage
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 Pounds of meat
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 mashed garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- mashed garlic for the sauce
- Take out the cabbage leaves and make sure they are large.
- Soak each leaf in boiling water for 3 minutes. You will need approximately 18 sheets of paper.
- Let the leaves cool, then remove the solid sections of the cabbage.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then put the onion and let it wilt.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper, then the minced meat to the pot and stir from time to time until it is cooked
- Mix the rice with the meat.
- Spread open the cabbage leaves and put two tablespoons of rice and meat in each, then roll each leaf neatly.
- Mix the lemon juice with the dry mint and garlic and put it at the bottom of the pot.
- Put the cabbage leaves in the pressure cooker and place the steam basket on top of it so that the filling does not come out during cooking.
- Cover the pot and cook the cabbage over high heat. When the steam rises, reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes, until cooked through.