Makdous pickles is one of the most delicious types of pickles, and it is one of the cold Levantine pickles prepared in the traditional way.
- 1 kilo of small eggplant for Makdous
- 1 cup of cut into small pieces red pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of salt
- The amount a generous quantity enough to fill the jar
- 1 cup of cut into small pieces of walnut
- 4 cloves of garlic; crushed
- 1/2 Tablespoon of ground red pepper powder to taste
- To make the dough, remove the eggplant head by hand.
- Put the eggplant in a clean large bowl after boiling it in water with a little salt added for 10 minutes.
- It is important for the success of Al Makdous to drain and filter it from the water and divided from the middle only.
- Put a little salt in the inside of the eggplant, then put it in a colander, cover and leave it for an entire night until it drains from the water.
- Mix the fine garlic, walnuts, salt and red pepper.
- Put a little of the mixture inside each eggplant and put the eggplant in a glass jar until the amount is completely finished.
- After opening the lid, turn the jar over for a whole day until the excess water is drained.
- Pour the oil all over the jar without adding anything else.
- Leave the jar covered and leave it for three weeks, after which it is ready to eat.
- When using the spoon to take the stack, it must be dry so that no white layer appears on the surface.
- Use and enjoy your makdous