If you are thinking about a delicious and easy-to-prepare dessert for EID Alfitr, then this Rose Mahalabia or pudding with crocant makes a perfect choice for Eid Gatherings. Served with varieties of Eid sweets; this recipe makes a great choice for you and a refreshing cold Middle Eastern pudding to enjoy with the taste of roses and crocant.
Mhalabia with Rose Water
For the Croquant:
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of sliced almonds
For the Mahalabia:
- 30 milliliters of liquid cream
- 300 milliliters of milk
- 1/3 Cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of gelatin powder
- 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of red food color
- 1 tablespoon of dried rose for garnishing
- Put the milk, sugar, cream, vanilla, and food coloring in a saucepan
- Stir very well until your ingredients become homogeneous.
- Mix the gelatin with cold water and stir very well
- Put the bowl in a saucepan filled with boiling water until the gelatin dissolves.
- Put the saucepan of the milk, sugar, cream, and vanilla mixture over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil
- Add the gelatin mixture and stir very well.
- Pour the mixture into small serving cups and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- To prepare croquant; put the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until the sugar melts and becomes golden
- Add the almonds and stir very well
- Spread the mixture on a greased tray with a little oil
- Cut into squares and spread the croquant over the cups with the dried rose
- Serve and enjoy the Mahalabia cold!