Zurbian is an Arabic authentic recipe and its basic ingredients are rice and meat. This recipe is characterized by its uses of a variety of used spices. And this meat Zurbian resembles Bryani very much. This recipe is packed with nutrients and fibers; you will enjoy it very much.Print Recipe
- 2 pounds of lamb pieces with bones
- 8 cups of water
- 2 cubes of MAGGY chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 piece medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 2 piece medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon white ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 3 piece garlic cloves crushed
- Start by placing the lamb pieces and the water into a large pot; then bring to a boil and remove any froth when it appears.
- Add in the MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes; then cover and let simmer over a low heat for about 1½ hours
- Remove the pieces of lamb from the stock; then add the rice to about 6 cups of about 1500ml and let boil for about 10 minutes
- Drain the rice and set it aside; then heat the ghee in a large pan and add the stock, which should be around 6 cups or 1500ml, and boil it for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Drain the rice and set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a large pot; then add the onions and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Add in the cooked lamb pieces to the onions and mix very well
- Mix the yogurt with the spices, the garlic, the tomato and pour the mixture over the lamb and gently stir
- Add the cooked rice over the mixture of the meat and cook all together for about 25 to 30 minutes over a medium low heat for about 25 to 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your delicious dish with fried nuts of your choice!
Nutrition Information Calories: 419| Fat: 11 g | Carbohydrates: 41 g | Fiber: 1 g |Protein: 35 g