In this recipe, we will use Lebanese 7 spice which is a spice blend that is handmade with black pepper, cumin, paprika, coriander, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom. This Lamb Mansaf is worth trying with its great nutritional value and its delicious taste.
- 1.8 ounce butter
- 2.2 pound lamb meat cut to pieces
- 2 onions julienne cut
- 2 carrots cut to small chops
- 1 leek, only the green part of the leek
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 17 cups of beef stalk
- 1 ounce garlic
- 4 cardimum pods
- 1 cinamon stick
- 2 pieces of cloves
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 5 pieces of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups of calrose rice (read the introduction to learn what is Calrose rice)
- 1 teaspoon of 7 spice (read the introduction to learn what is lebanese 7 spice)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cups beef stalk
- 1 cup frozen green pees
- 1.8 pound brown beef sauce
- 1 cup red grape juice
- ½ ounce glucose syrup
- 12 ½ ounce ground lamb meat
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
Prepare the ground meat:
- Brown the meat on high heat until it crumbles and carmelize. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add green peas and cook for one minute.
Prepare the lamb pieces:
- In a medium sized pot, heat the butter until it is brown. Add the lamp pieces and cook until it is tender.
- Add the onion, carrots and leek greens and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef stalk and the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook in a heated oven 194 F for about 5 hours.
- Take the lamb pieces out of the stalk and leave outside to cool, then shred the meat pieces and put them in some of the warm stalk to keep them warm.
- Strain the stalk and leave about 3 cups to cook the rice in.
Middle eastern rice:
- Wash the rice with cold water to get rid of all starch, drain the rice very well
- Heat the ghee in a medium sized pot, then add the rice. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and the other spices.
- Add the stalk to the rice, cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add the green peas and serve immediately.
The shiny layer:
- In a medium sized pot mix the beef sauce, the red grape juice and the glucose syrup. Cook on medium to high heat until it thickens. Remove the foam that forms from time to time. Strain before serving.