This lamb Kofta dish is from Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine. Lamb meat is seasoned with fragrant cumin, cinnamon, sweet pepper and sumac, then placed on the fire.
- 1 large red onion minced
- 1 lb of boneless lamb meat
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced bread
- olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 to 5 pieces of Arabic bread
- Fresh mint for garnish
For the pomegranate layer
- 3 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3-5 pieces of whole sweet pepper
For yogurt with mint
- Make the yogurt sauce and set it aside.
- In the sauce pan, brew half an onion until it becomes thin, then add pomegranate juice and vinegar
- and sweet pepper. Cook it on a low heat for 15 minutes until it reduces in size
- for half. In the meantime, prepare the kofta.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the rest of the onions with a little olive oil until they become soft and crunchy
- Add garlic, cumin, sumac, turmeric and cinnamon.
- Cook them for a few minutes until fragrant, then transfer them to a large pot.
- In the same bowl, add lamb, fresh mint, basil, salt, eggs and pieces
- the bread. Mix them well until they are mixed.
- Take about a teaspoon of wet lamb chops, make noodles and put them
- In the same pan, fry the kofta from all sides for 5 minutes, then add the sauce
- Pomegranate, cover and cook for 15 minutes until fully cooked and until the sauce becomes
- Transfer the kofta to a plate and place on top of the pomegranate, pine nuts, yogurt and fresh mint.
- Serve with hot bread and enjoy.